Position: Henry S. Khanzadian Kazan, Visiting Professor
Armenian Studies Program, CSU Fresno
1. Proposed Appointment: A one semester appointment as the Henry S. Khanzadian Kazan Visiting Professor; Full-time position
2. Available for the Academic Year: Fall term 2000
3. Salary: Placement on the salary schedule is dependent upon academic preparation and professional experience
4. Teaching Load: One course in Armenian studies covering modern Armenia (nineteenth or twentieth century)
5. Course Level: Undergraduate
6. Specific Position Characteristics: The successful candidate will be required to teach a single course in Armenian studies in the modern period (nineteenth or twentieth century). In addition, the successful candidate will be required to give three public lectures in conformity with the requirements of the professorship on a single topic to be published later as a monograph. The successful candidate may be called upon to teach in a distance education mode. The successful candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with faculty and staff in the program and college.
1. Academic Preparation: The university is seeking candidates who possess a record of distinguished publication and research in modern Armenian studies. Candidates with university teaching experience will be preferred for this initial appointment of a Henry S. Khanzadian Kazan Visiting Professor.
2. Teaching or Other Professional Experience: The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socieconomic backgrounds.
Applications: Correspondence, applications, and confidential papers should be sent to:
Dr. Dickran Kouymjian, Committee Chair, Armenian Studies
Program, California State University, Fresno, 5245 N. Backer M/S PB04, Fresno, CA 93740-8001, Phone: (559) 278-2669 FAX: (559) 278-2129, e-mail: franz @csufresno.edu
Open Until Filled: To ensure full consideration, applicants are encouraged to have all application information on file by February 4, 2000.